4ยบ A HOMEWORK 10th to 12th JUNE



Clientmoji

Defining and non-defining relative clauses EXERCISES
1   * Complete the sentences with the words.
where   which (x2)   who (x2)   whose

1   The Ultraviolet Restaurant, …………. is in Shanghai, has a very good reputation.
2   My friend Giancarlo, …………. parents own this pizzeria, can’t speak Italian.
3   That’s the cafรฉ …………. my sister used to hang out a lot when she was a student.
4   I’ve never heard of the celebrity chef …………. has just opened a new restaurant in my town.
5   I’m trying to avoid eating food …………. contains sugar.
6   Giles, …………. was at the party last night, is a food critic.

2      
 2        2. Choose the correct option.
1   My parents … are going to learn how to make pasta in Italy.
       A who love cooking   B , whose love cooking,   C , who love cooking,
2   Take it from me, the cake … was inedible.
     A , which Eva made   B , which Eva made,   C which Eva made
3   He’s the teenager … is to become a celebrity chef.
     A who dreams   B whose dream   C , who dreams          
4   Do you know a place near here … I can get a sandwich?
       A , where,   B where   C , where   
5   Jessie writes a food blog … I often read.
     A who   B , which,   C which
6   They’re the people … recommended the restaurant to us.
     A who   B whose   C , who  


3  Choose the correct option.
     There are a lot of people in the world who / which prefer not to eat meat.
1   The restaurant, that / which is in the city centre, is very expensive.
2   Zoe, whose / who sister is having the dinner party, invited us to come.
3   Anthony, who / that loves to cook, wants to become a chef.
4   Is 15th December the day which / when you were born?
5   That's the house that / where I lived when I was younger.
6   Dans le Noir is a unique restaurant where / which is in London.



4. WRITE A RELATIVE CLAUSE. 

1. They found the money. I dropped the money. 
They found the money which I dropped. 

2. I broke the plate. The plate was a wedding present. 

3. The police arrested the man. I saw the man steal a handbag. 

4. The Queen fired the chef. We had met the chef. 

5. She wrote to her friend. Her friend lives in Vietnam. 

6. Jill ate the sandwich. The sandwich had tomato and cheese inside. 

7. His friend lives in Scotland. His friend is a lawyer. 

8. We called the secretary. I went to school with the secretary. 

9. The CD is in my bag. The CD has Spanish music. 

10. The book is very interesting. The book is about Japanese culture. 

11. The bag was stolen. I bought the bag yesterday. 

12. He likes films. The films come from Asia. 

13. My nephew broke the plate. I received the plate as a present. 

14. The chocolate was very old. We bought the chocolate last week.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

4ยบ ESO REPASO CONDICIONALES

B2